Price for 15K mile service

Let me add two -more-cents to what has already been said. Once you pick a dealer to perform the work, stick with that dealer, make the effort to get to know them and that should be one of the criteria in selecting who you will want to work on your car. I’ve posted about the two dealers who service my 2019 Toyota Corolla SE and my 2020 Honda Fit.

And the “proof is in the pudding” as to “loyalty pays.” The dealer that I bought the 2019 Toyota is the same dealer who sold my wife her '85 Corolla. They still honor the “life-time” oil changes and state inspections on the '85. The Service Writers know us our name by sight, (yeah, we pay for that kind of service), we bring Cheese Biscuits, Egg McMuffins, and other snacks when we bring the cars in for service and we have even done it when we did not need service, but had some “great coupons…” and did it just for fun. On the few occasions, that we showed up unexpectedly, we always got our cars looked at immediately, even if a mechanic was taken off a different job…

Now down to the nitty-gritty, the Toyota is dealer is head and shoulders above the Honda dealer for customer care. When you pull into the Toyota dealer, a “Take-In” attendant checks the car over, writes up the mileage, and moves the car out of the way. You then go into an air-conditioned office area with the service writers. Besides being air conditioned, it’s quiet, no garage noise to shout over, especially with everyone wearing masks and a piece of Plexiglas in the way. When the phone rings while you are speaking to the service writer, they ask the caller to hold…

The Honda dealer’s intake area is right in the garage, your drive in, get out, and wander around waiting for a service writer to get off the phone. You have to scream to be heard, and you cannot tell who is asking who, what… If the phone rings, that caller gets their immediate attention.

I’ve spoken to the Service manager and the General Manager and suggested that they install some soundproof walls about the 4’ walls in the intake area, and asked if the service writers could put phone callers on hold while they are taking in a customer, it all fell on deaf ears… I do not bring treats to the Honda dealer…

So, find the dealership that you will want to stay with, it pays…

1 Like