Prepping a car for extreme temps

Not sure, but figured if the dealership says it’s not needed, then gotta go with that. There were very few places in the area that I lived that even wanted to attempt replacing the timing belt on my van, most said it was more of a pain then it was worth to them. It took so much time at the dealership that they had to keep the car for a full 24 hours and gave me a free loaner car for that day.

Was -10f last week. Kid got some pink super washer fluid and washer tank froze. Had to put car in garage for a bit to thaw it. Pump was not running. Froze solid. Back to the blue stuff for me.

If the water pump is driven by the timing belt, the shop should have at least recommended replacing it at the same time.

They said they could but didnt see any need.

I have a bottle of blue washer fluid in my garage right now that’s a gallon of solid blue ice. Just because the color is blue doesn’t mean it’s rated for below freezing weather. But, if it hasn’t frozen up on you by now. you’re probably OK.

It’s gonna get colder yet. Forcasted temps for the Twin Cities metro area Monday is -10 for a high.

YEHAW!!!