Pontiac vibe

My vibe is a year and a half old. My transmission broke and I have to get a new one. Is this car known to have the transmission break so easily?

No. The Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix (same vehicle) are based primarily on Toyota Corolla components, which are some of the most reliable on the planet. That being said, it’s possible to have a defect in ANY vehicle.

I’m assuming this vehicle is still under warranty and the transmission will be free. Let the dealer replace the transmission and don’t worry. It is highly unlikely the transmission will fail twice.

Agree; very unusual. The dealer should be able to help you, since these vehicles have a fairly extensive power train warranty. My Toyoya as 5 year or 60,000 miles powertrain warranty.

The only thing better would have been for the transmission to break just before the warranty expired. ;^)

Seriously, you will get a brand new transmission for free and it should last the life of the car. Make sure that they replace it with a new transmission only.