PIGS! What kind of a "human" pig does it take to oink up some of our beautiful roads?

I hope you realize this is all a feeble attempt to counter your present ambient temps compared to ours :wink:

Years ago, I had a chance to move to Jupiter for work. At the time, I had no idea where that was but cringed at having to answer people that asked- where are you from? Looked into the situation- nice area, awesome winters but seemed like summer was akin to winter here. Run between air conditioned spaces in summer like we run between heated spaces in winter :smile:

This is something I totally agree with. The wife fires up the stove for a 4 hour roasting in the middle of summer and I can see the electric meter hit new RPM records. We need a small convection oven for that situationā€¦

I havenā€™t checked the wooded ponds. Too difficult to get to. Most ponds near me are very open. Canobie Lake in Salem hasnā€™t frozen enough for people to get out on. You use to see many ice houses out there. Havenā€™t seen any in years. They also use to have an Ice-Out contest every year. Just havenā€™t been able to do that because of lack of ice.

Iā€™ve gone of up north to Lake Morey in Fairlee VT. Itā€™s a winter lake. And they build this 6 mile ice skating trail around the lake every year.

Yeah I could crank the grill up too year round but the problem is Iā€™ve got about 3 feet of snow on the deck that Iā€™d have to shovel first, and I donā€™t shovel. So I guess itā€™s just take out instead. Iā€™m relatively comfortable though in 70 degree temps-inside. Iā€™ll be down there next week though if I can get to the airport.

I bought this specifically for the decks around my house- https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/snow-blowers/power-clear-518-ze-38473

60 lbs so I can lift it up onto the decks and 4 stroke so no mixing.
3 grills, all down on the patio. Helps if you keep up with the storms.
Last time I had to pour gallons of hot water onto the cover as it was frozen down onto a granite ledge top.
Oh the fun weā€™re having!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/snow-blowers/power-max-724-oe-37793

This is my go to, but I draw the line on decks. Guy down the street has got a huge blower and a full cab. I dunno if itā€™s got a heater in it though which would be nice.

Actually my average is ten hours a year. Up until February I was at three hours total and now Iā€™m at 7. So as much as I complain, it really hasnā€™t been bad most of the time. Of course then March is coming but Iā€™ll be gone.

Iā€™m not adding a word to this. :speak_no_evil: I feel guilty enough just sitting here in the sun and 82* breeze. Sorry, guys.
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the same single stage I have, but itā€™s all I need for any snowfall here. My neighbor has a two stage like bingā€™s, but itā€™s overkill for Central MD.

Iā€™ve got a 13hp/36" Ariens 2-stage with onboard 12v garden tractor battery start that I used every winter on the driveway. Now, with any luck at all it will have been stolen from my garage while Iā€™m away. :grinning:
CSA

Wait! This canā€™t be over yet! I havenā€™t used all my Florida memes!

florida%20winter

florida%20weather

Okay, Iā€™m all done, for now.

1 Like

Somebody said the farther south you get the more north it is. Lotta Canadians down there in the Sunshine State too eh?

You bet, eh, Bud? Talked with some of them several times at the pool. The last couple was from Newfoundland. They drive down each year, take 3 days! The Canadians have exactly 6 months and have to leave the states.

My neighbors are from all over the place, from the states and elsewhere and everywhere in between. We have a Minnesotan living in our building who parks his C-5 Vette convertible in our under-building garage, complete with MN tags, donā€™t 'ya know!
CSA

photo 50898519_1226758047480796_5764132177528750080_n.jpg

1 Like

Donā€™t have hurricanes?
Oh? Then whatā€™s this?
CSA

2 Likes

Looks like you have Alaska there in that first picture. :sunglasses:

AAA just sent my cell phone yet another message:

"AAA Weather Alert: National Weather Service Blizzard Warning Issued for Northern Home until 7:00 AM 02/25/2019."

Mother Natureā€™s way of trashing the roads!
Stay off the roads up there. Itā€™s not safe!
Glad Iā€™m at the Southern Home right now!
CSA

Thing is, if you are in the north you can go south for relief but if you are in the south, where ya gonna go?

Just be sure that you can run much faster than the rapidly-expanding population of wild Florida monkeys that are infected with a fatal type of Herpes.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/floridas-herpes-carrying-monkey-population-is-booming/77-6465d86b-2092-4d7b-9e07-068605068fdb

:laughing:

I read that the last time you sent it, ha, ha! Theyā€™re not around here, not even Burmese Pythons.
Iā€™m more concerned with the rays (learn the sting ray shuffle at the beach), sharks, and gators, but all we have here are just little geckos running all over.:lizard: and Manatee (Manatee County & Iā€™m very near the Manatee River) and dolphins :dolphin:.

We went to Myakka State Park near here in Sarasota, a beautiful area. There are alligators all over in there, not a place for wimps.

The most dangerous animal here (and everywhere for that matter) is man. Many drivers are nuts.:crazy_face:

I wouldnā€™t trade being here for anything! Itā€™s paradise!:beach_umbrella:
CSA

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want to, but we have 2 pools, the beach and our A/C is running 24/7 for comfort. A team of wild horses couldnā€™t drag me out of here.
CSA

ā€¦ until your condo subsides into a sinkhole, or you encounter those Burmese Pythons, or the roaming alligators, or the rampant Florida Meth Heads, or you finally get disgusted by giant flying roaches
(FL euphemism=Palmetto Bugs), or you simply get tired of dealing with ā€œdriverless carsā€ā€“AKA cars piloted by tiny senior citizens who canā€™t see over their steering wheel and who are a major hazard.

Thanks, but I have been to ā€œThe Sunshine Stateā€ numerous times, and nothing could lure me back.