Permanently opening 2013 Ford Focus ST symposer valve

Does anyone know how I can easily get the symposer valve permanently open?

Ask that on a Ford Focus forum. I’ve never heard of anyone that wants to leave it open, let alone leave it in place.

Most people want to shut it off as it just a gimmick anyway.

From what I understand, it makes noise when boost present. So altering it to “always be on” isn’t possible. Increasing the leak will result in loss of engine performance. It’s nothing more than a fancy kazoo. If you want improved exhaust note, change the exhaust…

Its actually just a tube coming from the intake manifold into the dashboard. The noise is not made by any membrane vibrating. If anything, you could compare it to a stethoscope that a doctor uses to amplify a sound from a specific location. There is a valve that opens or closes to block the noise coming from the engine.
Also, there is no loss of engine performance. I drove for about 30k miles with the tubing completely disconnected so that there was no noise and it runs just fine.

I know I can just bypass the valve by connecting the two tubes directly but I was just curious if anyone had a more elegant solution.

My Mustang GT came with one of those gimmicky things from the factory. When I had the stage 2 power pack added, it included a rubber plug that you put in the hole in the firewall where the plastic tube attached. You can get delete kits for your car as well.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/steeda-sound-symposer-delete-kit-focus-st-2013-2018/p/5553179/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/cobb-sound-symposer-delete-kit-focus-st-2013-2018/p/891100/

I’m actually trying to figure out how to keep it engaged all the time. From the factory, the valve only opens when the engine is put under a load.
I would like to keep it open as I am nearing 100k miles and I would like to have the amplified engine noise at all speeds so that I can annoy my wife / maybe notice changes in engine noise as the car ages and possible problems arise… but mostly annoy my wife lol.

In that case, Get a catback exhaust

but then you annoy the rest of the world.

Maybe it’s changed but here’s just one post describing it as I did (there are many)-

Air from the pipe in between the throttle body and intercooler is pushed against the the red diaphragm, the little hole on it allows air throw to the grey one and makes it vibrate creating the 5pot noise we all like.

If the grey diaphragm is damaged you’ll loose boost.