Passenger Seat belt

Can I stop the passenger seat belt from not racheding back

I am trying to wrap my brain around the concept of stopping something from NOT doing something.

Do you mean you want to make the seat belt to ratchet Back?

1 Like

Do you mean it does not retract?

Or does it tighten up and lock so you can’t lean forward ?

Yes that is what it does it gets so tight you can’t stand it and you can’t even breath

I want to make the seat belt to not ratchet Back

Many vehicle manufacturers include a lifetime warranty on seat belt components, while others only provide a limited warranty period. While we have no clue regarding the make, model, and model year of the OP’s mystery vehicle, it is entirely possible that the belt’s retracting/ratcheting mechanism is defective and could be replaced–gratis–at a dealership.
:thinking:

1 Like

Clamp it with something where it goes into the door post. anything from a clothespin to spring clam[s to a vise grip.

We used to do this in trucking when they gave us tractors with ratcheting seatbelts that were bolted to the floor instead of the seat frame. After the first few bumps the belt was trying to cut you in half.

Can I stop the passenger seat belt from not racheding back

Yes that is what it does it gets so tight you can’t stand it and you can’t even breath

I understood what your problem was and thank you for confirming it.

If you pull the belt out as far as it will go it will ratchet back and lock on your body. It is designed to do this. The purpose is to properly restrain children under 60 lbs in booster seats or just buckled in. The automatic inertia reels will not lock for passengers under that weight. They can hit something in front of them or even slip out of the seat belt and suffer serious/fatal injuries.

Yep see the dealer. I know mine is at least a 15 year warranty and had one replaced on our Olds years ago after quite a while. No muss no fuss at the dealer. They are happy to do it.

Make?
Model?
Model-Year?
CSA
:evergreen_tree::sunglasses::evergreen_tree:

I think kkf44 has left the building.

Oops! You’re right! Never mind… I didn’t see the August 25th date… your favorite type of post!
CSA
:evergreen_tree::sunglasses::evergreen_tree: