Parking on a sidewsys slope?

ZombieWoof, That’s Exactly My Point ! I Was Waiting For Your Clever Response. I Used The Shuttle Analogy With The Heat Tile Related Disaster In Mind To Illustrate My Argument.

To my recollection the incident did not lead to a major redesign or re-engineering of the shuttles and the flights were suspended, but later resumed. The heat tiles continued to be a “design flaw” . I remember the crews of subsequent flights being more cautiously concerned about the tiles and doing more thorough inspections. That was my point !

It did however lead to closer monitoring of the ice on the LOX tanks and more careful inspection of the tiles (that could have been damaged by insulation coming off the lifting craft at take-off), prior to reentry.

As with OK4450, he doesn’t need to redesign anything. Once he was aware of the characteristics of the system, he could monitor and in this case not park on a slope with a practically empty tank, and nobody even got hurt or killed in his case.

CSA

I believe the phrase you are looking for is “ad homin[i]e[/i]m.”

For those of us (including me), who don’t know what it means:

ad ho?mi?nem
? ?/?d ?h?m?n?m ??n?m, ?d-/ [ad hom-uh-nuhm ?nem, ahd-]
?adjective

1. appealing to one’s prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one’s intellect or reason.
  2. attacking an opponent’s character rather than answering his argument.

The literal Latin translation of “ad hominem” is “against the person.”

For some reason, this thread reminded me of the story in this Wikipedia article. A crying shame as far as I’m concerned–4700 brand new Mazdas scrapped because they were on a ship that listed 90 degrees for over a month.

Scrabbler

I was going to mention something about the fuel level, but now I’m afraid to. Maybe you should be concerned about the difference in air pressure between the uphill tires and the downhill tires. I think we all agree that air gets thinner at higher elevations.