Parking my car for a month at Charlotte Airport, HOT!

UV light is just about fully absorbed by the windshield, but the side and rear windows don’t have the plastic inner layer that a windshield does, and transmit more UV light. But since the car sits for a month, whether the UV is absorbed by the windows or seats is not important. Both will add to the heat in the car. @keith‌’s idea with the sheet is a good start. If you don’t mind buying an inexpensive car cover, that would really do the job.

The solution is so obvious:

I could be wrong ( I was wrong once last year ) but a car at an airport covered by a sheet or actual car cover might cause concern for the security people because they could not see in it especially if it was there for a month.

I could use the aluminum car wrap when I wear my foil hat!

no problem, park the car and go have fun or whatever.

Good point Volvo. Just park the car and don’t worry about it. Don’t leave any unopened Coke cans in there though. Ask me how I know the mess it makes when one explodes.

For the cost of parking, might not a friend be happy to drop you off and pick you up? $10x30 days = $300, $150 each way. I know I’d do it!

Its a 3 hour drive to the airport one way. That’s about 150 miles or so. Its done all the time. We’re 40 miles from the major airport and park the car there. My BIL now has his car in my garage while they are in Norway. He drove 4 hours here because it was a lot cheaper to fly out of Minneapolis than a smaller airport. Its just not that big a deal. The airport parking lots and the long term lots nearby are usually filled. Cars sit for one, two, three weeks no big deal. Just leave the Cokes out of the car.

I’d avoid this idea if at all possible. My cousin parked her car at the airport in long term parking for 3 weeks, and when she returned the car wouldn’t start. So she had it towed to a shop.

The diagnosis? The engine had been stolen.