P0240 and P2096 codes from 2005 Hyundai Elantra with less than half a tank of gas

I’m getting these error codes typically on colder days, at least that’s how it was at first, but also whenever my gas tank is less than half full. I drive a lot of short trips to work so I thought maybe I was getting buildup inside my catalytic converter. I used Cataclean and I thought it had fixed the issue but then the codes came back on a few weeks later. The check engine light seems to be coming on more frequently in direct connection with the gas tank being less than half full. I just got my car inspected back in November. It passed emissions and my car also passes emissions on my home OBD scanner whenever the tank is full. Last year, i had at least two O2 sensors replaced (not sure how many total my car has). When my mechanic was replacing the one, he had trouble getting it out and had to cut the pipe and then weld a new section on or something. Occasionally I have topped off the tank so maybe I damaged the EVAP system? The car has about 104,000 miles on it. I don’t believe it’s the catalytic converter, but maybe it is. What do you guys think?