Overheating with AC on in Low Speeds

Thank you for this suggestion. Since my last mechanic wasnt really open to outside ideas/forum suggestions, I’m hoping to maybe make a list of all the suggestions in this thread and provide it to the new mechanic. Maybe this will helo, maybe not. For the sake of starting the relationship on the right foot I’ll probably make sure I let him know that he can do what he thinks is best as the professional. I’m one of those people that’s of the business philosophy that most all relationships are a partnership and that I can add value to the mechanic by providing the best possible info. Back to the issue of the car, I guess I’m just baffled how it wouldn’t have something to do with the AC system since the temperature rising has been isolated to running the AC and either going up hill or being idle. Anyway, thank you so much for sticking with this.

Remember that anybody who has an internet connection can post here. Most of the frequent posters seem to have an excellent knowledge of car technology; still they can only offer educated-guesses at best. Your own mechanic has your car in front of them, can inspect and test it this way and that way. So that’s where to place your trust imo. Internet car-forums are good for ideas, but put your trust in your own mechanic’s opinion. If your own mechanic hasn’t served you as well as you like, find another one. Ask friends, co-worker, relatives and the like which mechanic they use, and why.

2 Likes

Use paper that can be recycled because I can almost guarantee he is going to throw it away .

2 Likes

What state are you in? Winter is coming

I’m a big fan of “trust” and I believe my mechanic is a miracle on earth but at a certain point, enogh is enough.

1. Is the fan operating? Yes/No
  2. Is the radiator functioning / Yes/No
  3. Are the radiator temp readings accurate? Yes/No
  4. Is the AC funtionally properly? Yes/No

My own car started exhibiting similar problems on my 2004 car and the solution was 5 cents of sandpaper to clean a ground wire from corrosion.

Approach it logicaly!

1 Like