One trip permit Question

Not disagreeing w/what your posting content, but how does your reply address the question; i.e. how would your show the DMV your title over the phone? ?

You can’t get a trip permit over the phone. The phone is the gateway to misinformation. “Just call the DMV” will get you nowhere.

15-20 years ago, a local DMV manager was interviewed on the radio, he said they have trouble keeping/filling positions because their budget only allows for an annual wage of $30,000/year.

If you are a member, you can do many DMV things at the AAA (called CSAA). If you do many transactions with the DMV you should consider this choice.

I have had to bring vehicles to the DMV or the Highway Patrol for inspection of the VIN. In one case I rode a motorcycle about 15 miles to a CHP office with no plate at all, and no registration because I couldn’t get one without them looking at the VIN. They never blinked. Just filled out the form, chatted about the bike, and I went home.

1 Like

I expect if a police officer had pulled you over b/c your bike had an expired sticker, as long as you had some sort of paperwork showing you were on the way to the DMV to take care of it, they’d probably give you a pass. The problem is, while most officers would, some wouldn’t. The other problem, they’d nab you on the spot if their computer showed you had any unpaid tickets.