OK I am a hypochondriac, or they fixed their error and don't want to fess up

So I had a broken front stabeliser link, had the shop replace the front pair, an alignment and rotate tires a few weeks later. Still had mysterious clunk, on our crappy streets, sounds like driving on wet pavement after alignment and rotation, instead of one bump felt like 2 or 3, and it seemed after some big bumps car might like to skitter off to the right. So I took it into the shop, now all seems better, but their answer was everything tight no problem found. The clunk and hop and skip seem to be gone, Tires still sound like I am driving on wet pavement. No indicators of feathering or cupping, though the recommended pressure might be low as it seems the outsides of the tire are wearing faster than the inside. Thanks!

So question to ace mechanics, what do you think? Ediit no charge for followup,

I’m going to make a totally wild guess on this one.

I’d guess that they changed the stab bar links the first time around when if fact it was the bushings that needed changing. Second time around, they changed the bushings. It is possible too that someone loosened the bushing clamps intending to change them and got sidetracked… and the loose bar was causing the weird handling sensations. Or they changed the bushings and got sidetracked, never tightening the holding brackets.

Note that this is an entirely wild guess. Do not use it to accuse anybody of anything. Simply enjoy your now-repaired ride. We all make an occasional mistake.

Now go fix your low tire pressure. That does matter.

@rhe_same_mountainbike the link was visibly broken, so I took it in. As a bud would say OI could see it visually with my eyes. Not going for repercussions, stuff happens, but feeling like if something was wrong, tell me and you fixed it, great, but probably too many people with lawyers in their pocket to play that game. Tire pressure is at recommended specs per door panel, thinking of bumping it up 5 lbs or so. Thanks

I’ve had a dealership shop service writer tell me straight-up they didn’t, when somebody there obviously replaced the fuel pump relay. I think they do this kind of stuff to cover up minor mistakes. It’s easier just to say “nothing was needed”, rather than explaining. Their logic is that explaining takes time, rattles the customer, and doesn’t change anything.

I like TSM’s thoughts here. Loose stab bar frame bushings OR the stab bar link wasn’t really quite tight, so they tightened it and told you “no trouble found” to cover it up. The mechanic may have put a wrench on it and but an extra bit of grunt into it to make sure thus fixing it. Either way, No harm, no foul. Fixed.