Oil pressure light blinking

@dagosa

I’m well aware of the salty breeze

Some relatives of mine used to live in San Francisco, and those cars took a beating . . .

Fixed by disconnecting the battery terminals and not reconnecting it for ten minutes. light has not come back on since. go figure!

Good work. And sincere thanks for the follow up post. That “fix” resetting the ECU for a blinking oil pressure warning light, will inevitably come in handy for helping others.

Happy motoring.

rushing through this:

when does the blinking happen - at normal operating temperature?
does it go away if you bring the RPM’s up a little bit and hold it?

that’s what my engine does - because the oil gets really hot, and the pressure dips into the low range to trip the warning light. I have an aftermarket oil pressure sender - but enough about me.

@JuniorMint, sometimes rushing through means that you missed the follow-up post that says the problem is no more.

@cigroller I see, yes. also, @ok4450 asked my questions originally. I think I need an isolation chamber if I am going to read this forum.

however, to dig the hole I am in even further : the questions were never answered, even though @Rdalesan claims the problem is “fixed”. I’m 60/40 on this one - I think time will tell.

Sometimes I open a half dozen or more threads with tabs, then later I write a reply after someone else has typed the same thing.