Oil Change Made With 20w-50

There are quite a few of us on this forum who are/were in the trucking industry, or who work on large commercial vehicles

cars and light trucks aren’t the only vehicles out there . . .

1 Like

I understand that thus why I said passenger vehicles and that diesels might use it . I know of no passenger cars that run anything that heavy .

Speaking of engine oil, anybody else noticed the price has gone up in the past month or so? The 5 quart containers that used to cost $16-$18 are now mostly $18-$20. The other interesting thing is that the “regular” version now costs less than the high mileage version. Two months ago the high mileage version cost less. While most of the brands have increased in price, there’s a Shell dinosaur version on the shelves that is still in the $16 range though.

Computer error! I had it happen when I had my first oil change for my current 2010 Kia Forte SX. The dealership had no service department so I had it done at WalMart where I had had oil and filter changes done with no problems for my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The bill for my 2010 Kia Forte had an extra charge for an extra quart of 5-20 oil! Their oil change covered 5 quarts. My Kia’s capacity was 4.5 quarts (I of course read my owner manual). I told the service manager who was dealing with my bill Uh Oh! My car has been overfilled with oil! He went to check with the technician and I went to check my oil. My oil level was right on the full dot. The tech told the service manager it was a computer error he was aware of. The service manager told the tech he needed to be informed of computer errors. My bill was adjusted and the service manager printed me a free service next time.