Odd dent - cause and fix? Rental charges

I have seen a lot of “snow damaged” rocker panels here in the desert.

Nevada…is that a joke ? Or do you get snow damaged fleet rentals in the desert areas… I cant tell if youre kidding round or not…

But its common as hell around my area…

Blackbird

We rented a 9 passenger van for a week end and had the insurance rider from Avis on it. Someone vandalized it while we had it but it allowed us to turn it in and walk away. Yes it was expensive insurance but without any difficulty and no claim on our insurance for short term rental we would do it again.

I highly doubt that it was caused by snow while I was driving it. All the roads I drove on, even the car parks had been cleared and had no barriers of any kind for the snow drift to cause piles. Also, I’m sure I would have noticed a noise or a some movement if I hit something that caused this. I am still fighting it.

With regard to the credit card payments. As a student I don’t have a consistent source of income to make the payments. Also, my interest rate is quite bad because of this. I only got it for the extra protection you get with online payments and when booking things over 100 like flights

You could try saying to the rental company something like:

“I’ve been advised to request from you the names of the three previous renters of my vehicle.”

If they are indeed charging multiple customers for the same damage, this might spook them into dropping the charge.

Better say that with a Warrant in hand…because no way in hell would they give out that information without one.

True But . . just offing up that challenge causes them to take note that you’re on to them.

I doubt it. They know that to do so you need a lawyer to get the warrant. And that is costly. I’ll bet they are counting on it being too costly or time consuming for you to pursue it once they say NO.

Costly on their end, too. Once you cease showing “pushover” tendencies, it’s on to the next sucker…