Not to much power

When I hit the gas it jerks to speed up I either have to push on gas harder or let up to have it go away what could be the problem

how many miles on your Malibu? when did you last have a tune up done?

3 Likes

How long has the Check Engine light been on?

Tester

3 Likes

It’s at 204k miles and havent had it tuned up yet since we have had it , the check engine light has bee on simce we had it

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

You need to get the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble code(s) to determine why the Check Engine light is on.

Some parts stores like AutoZone will connect a code reader for free to retrieve the code(s).

Once you know what the code(s) are, it may point to why the engine doesn’t have much power.

Tester

1 Like

Instead of obsessing about adding only (supposedly) 4 tablespoons of trans fluid to the motor oil, you should be MUCH more concerned about your failure to maintain this vehicle and the fact that you have chosen to ignore that glowing Check Engine Light subsequent to your purchase of this car.
:thinking:

3 Likes

No need to be rude I maintain my truck this car has been checked and nothing came up and I have worked on it

Then the check engine light would not be on.

3 Likes

Well, even if you maintain your truck, it is apparent that there is a problem with your car, and I urge you to have someone “read” the car’s stored trouble codes in order to have a good basis for beginning the diagnosis of its problem.
:thinking:

2 Likes

I maintain my truck too, but my cars could care less, it requires its own maintenance.

That’s probably your problem. If this vehicle is still on it’s original plugs, then that could easily explain why it’s running poorly.

If the check engine light it is on, then there are trouble codes , it doesn’t just come on for no reason. You might need to check the KAM and see what codes have been stored.

2 Likes

To be fair, you turned to strangers who haven’t seen the car rather than get the trouble codes for your “check engine” light. In light of that, I don’t think VDCdriver’s comment was rude.

If you want help, you’re going to have to do your part. Take the car to one of the many auto parts stores who will pull your trouble codes for free, post those codes here (the actual codes, not the store clerk’s interpretation of those codes), and then you’ll get useful competent help.

2 Likes