Not to be dissing cartalk

not to be dissing cartalk, but are there any other things like cartalk, things are too weird around here, id still come here, but everyone is asking about buying, vws, and beetles, and honda civics! i need something like this, but with better cars like muscle cars.

Ask questions or post opinions. Someone will answer. Several posters have 60s or 70s muscle cars just like you.

“Better”, like beauty, is a value judgment, rather than an absolute. If you think that muscle cars are “better”, that is your right. Just be aware that others may believe that Civics, VWs, and such are “better”. Both factions are entitled to their opinions.

Just don’t expect to see a lot of discussion of muscle cars on this board. They are discussed on occasion, but perhaps they are not discussed often enough for your interests.

You may be happier with this site: http://chevytalk.org/fusionbb

This one covers all GM vehicles.

67ChevroletC10,454:
Not that we want you to leave but here is a muscle car site I frequent.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f1178/
~Michael

There’s not much discussion on that issue here because it’s such a narrow field as compared to the normal day to day drivers.

There’s a few here on here who have owned, and do own, muscle, classic, or beefed up cars. I happen to love antique, classic, modified, and fast/powerful cars.

Some of the relics I’ve owned include a 58 Thunderbird, 59 Impala 2 DR HT, 68 Roadrunner, 59 Vette (tragically wiped out on the side of a Chevy truck that was owned by an oblivous driver), and a 69 Super Bee along with a few other older cars.
Current high horse ride is an 87 Merkur XR4Ti and before you think “Lord, a 2.3 4 banger”, it’s got a built up, supercharged 308 Ford w/Lincoln overdrive automatic; and yes, it moves somewhat spritely.

Search around the internet, there are forums for just about any make/model of car you can think of. This forum mostly addresses day-to-day questions from non-enthusiasts (i.e., should I buy a honda or a toyota?). It’s good for general info and discussions, but you will not find much info on performance cars.

Oh, type in National Street Machine Club. Their magazine only talks about muscle cars like yours. The subscription is for two years and doesn’t cost a lot.

“…relics I’ve owned include a 58 Thunderbird, 59 Impala 2 DR HT, 68 Roadrunner, 59 Vette (tragically wiped out on the side of a Chevy truck that was owned by an oblivous driver), and a 69 Super Bee along with a few other older cars.
Current high horse ride is an 87 Merkur XR4Ti…”

unlike many others, i consider the '59 impala hardtops the HIGH WATER mark (along with the '59/'60 caddy) of american uninhibited design at mid-20th century.

but the Merkur!!? the one with the BI-PLANE spoilers, headlights neither round nor rectangular, and one of the goofiest greenhouses ever (until the aztek)???
maybe the LOW water mark of design for imports. OR, maybe representative of wild euro ford styling?

of course, the v8 you stuffed in it, more than makes up however, for any challenged styling!

I agree with you and wished to this day I had that 59 back. Black with orange interior, and I mean orange everything. It glowed.
The teardrop tail lights and bat wings kind of got me going.

Yes, the Merkur with the double wing on the rear window and a lot of glass. It had it’s heritage in the Cosworth and there’s not a lot of difference in the two.
Here’s mine; shaker hood and all.
http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi28.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc218%2Fok4450%2Fmerk2.jpg&searchTerm=merkur%20xr4ti&pageOffset=3

The oddball appearance does draw some strange looks at times, but it’s kind of neat having something not found on every block. Especially considering the XR4 was never offered with anything other than the 4 cyl. and the V-8 conversion is a rarity.

Buries the speedo quickly, gets 21 MPG at a highway cruise with 3:36 gears, and that’s not bad at all.
It’s a minor-muscle car now IMHO.

(We have a road race course (Hallett) not too far from here where some of the big boys come to play and a guy from KS brought one of the 4 cyl. XRs down a few years ago. He was beating the old Mustang CJ428s and early 427 Corvettes with it.
All on a stock lower end with a mild cam, head work, and 25 pounds of boost.)

dude it sounds really mean and no offence, but that car is kind of ricey

No offense taken. Some may take that double wing on the rear as ricey, but it’s factory.
Even Jack Roush was building a few of these things for road racing way back when.

That car is German Ford all the way; except for the Mustang GT 5.0 and the Lincoln OD transmission.
One thing it does not have is that chainsaw with a semi-fouled spark plug sound.

Future plans include a stroker crankshaft to bump the displacement up to 331 cubic inches. (Already have the crank.)

well it may look a little ricey, but that will be one cool car,

have fun

If you actually have a '67 C10, you should check out http://67-72chevytrucks.com/. I have a '70 Custom Camper/20, great trucks.