Noisy brakes

I OWN A 2003 BUICK LaSABRE AND LOVE IT. ONE OF THE BEST CARS THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED. HOWEVER, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE REAR BRAKES THAT MAKE A HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL WHEN I COME TO A SLOW STOP. I’VE HAD THE BRAKES “REPAIRED” OR RE-BUILT TWICE(NEW EQUIPMENT, ETC.) AND IT’S FINE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS, THEN IT STARTS AGAIN. THE BRAKES WORK GREAT. IT’S JUST THE SQUEAK THAT OCCURS WHEN I’M COMING TO A SLOW STOP. IT SEEMS TO OCCUR MOSTLY AFTER I HAVE DRIVEN SOME DISTANCE. HOWEVER IT DOES IT WHETHER THE WEATHER IS DRY OR WET. BUICK SAID THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE PROBLEM. HOWEVER, CONSUMER REPORTS DID MENTIONED THE PROBLEM IN A RECENT ISSUE. I HAVE HAD THE “DRUMS” SPRAYED WITH SOMETHING BY THE MECHANICS THAT IS SUPPOSE TO STOP THE PROBLEM…AND IT WORKS FOR ABOUT A WEEK. ???

rear hub is bent.was it used when you got it?

I PURCHASED THE CAR IN 2008. IT HAD 60,000 MILES ON IT AND EVERYTHING LOOKED EXCELLENT WITH THE CAR. NOTHING HAD BEEN SAID BEFORE ABOUT A “REAR HUB BEING BENT”. HOW DOES THIS IMPACT THE BRAKES WHICH CAUSES IT TO “SQUEAK” WHEN COMING TO A SLOW STOP?

Please Please turn the CAP LOCK off, also use paragraphs if appropriate. It makes it difficult for most people to read. If it was easier to read, then books and newspapers would do it.

Has this all been done by the same shop? Did anyone suggest different brake lining material (there are several different kinds)?

Joseph,
First off, I apologize for the CAPS. It comes from 50 years of writing radio news copy.

I have had three different companies try to fix the problem. Brake Masters, Midas, and an excellent local auto repair shop. I believe that they did use different brake lining material the last time. The problem only seems to happen after the car has been driven a while. However, it has occured in both dry and wet weather.