No more VW Bugs

It was not Truly Nolen I recalled the name it was Bill Oder every time I saw one of them I was glad I did not have a name like that. I made a mistake in location it S E Fla non S W although I have lived in both location"s,

The company is just outside Eugene, in Glenwood.

1 Like

Thank you after over 40 year’s on the road I have seen may interesting thing’s just cannot remember all & Where any more.

The “Geek Squad” computer guys were using the new bugs around here. Just a two tone black and white paint job though like a patrol car though. No mouse ears. Maybe they’ll switch to Fiat 500’s now but they’ll need a few spare ones I suppose.

Yeah, for time spent in the shop under warranty. Even the dealer doesn’t understand them. (I have a 2018, 5K oil change, next day the check engine light came on. This does not bode well.)

Too bad. I’d really like one of those little Renegades but afraid of it and the one I rented a year or so ago was really under powered.

Well, I was sort of tongue in cheek with that. I got the impression they don’t see many 500’s (service errors). They must have training, but that teaches expected errors. Fiats throws curve and slider balls, stuff that doesn’t show on a scope. It appears FCA doesn’t communicate lessons learned.

It’s OK, though. More and more, Fiat is in the Dodge/Jeep product line. Eventually they’ll get a clue or go under.

I could stand inside the engine bay of every car I’ve ever owned. Once i stood on top of the V6 in my Corsica trying to change the rear right spark plug. The only car I could stand inside the engine bay with my feet on the ground was that 57 Chevy.

I bought a used 03 trailblazer, got some new plugs, took it to the shop to have them replaced, could not even see them.

The Porsche 911 factory service manual is said to have sold twice as many copies as the number of 911’s sold.

Yeah, people got tired of high repair bills… then tossed the manual in a drawer. :smiley:

That VW manual… still have a copy somewhere around the house. I forgot to give it to the new owner of the '65 5 years ago.

+1
When I owned my Karmann Ghia, that book came in very handy on several occasions.

1 Like

There was a similar manual for the VW Rabbit also. It wasn’t written by John Muir as I recall, somebody else. But based on the same idea. I know it was pretty informative, used it many times when I owned a Rabbit.

I read that one, also. Those 2, and my old “How to Hot Rod Corvairs” are still kicking around the house… maybe in the garage. Great books on how to fix most anything.

…and for Toyota pickup trucks. Very helpful with my 1979 4X4.