No heat-blower only out of vent

Hello,
I have a 2010 chevy silverado. No matter where I turn the blower selector switch, it always comes out of the vents. Also no matter where I turn the temperature selector knob, it’s always cold. It’s a company truck that I can’t get fixed soon because of downtime and I’m not supposed to take it to get fixed on my own time. Does anyone have any ideas please? It was 37 degrees this morning on my drive into work. Thank you!

The temperature and blower direction are controlled by two little motors behind the dashboard. Since both are not working, there must be a common failure. On some cars (mostly older), the motors are run by engine vacuum pressure. There could be a hole or broken or disconnected vacuum line. Does the engine run rough, especially at idle? Check engine light on? On most newer cars, the motors are electric and controlled by the car’s electronic climate control system. It could be a blown fuse, but probably not since the fan works. It could be a short or a bad wire or a bad motor or a bad computer. I suppose that the two motors might be combined into one part in this car, in which case a single part failure would stop both temp and direction. But you’re probably not going to be able to fix this on your own.

“It’s a company truck that I can’t get fixed soon because of downtime and I’m not supposed to take it to get fixed on my own time.”

The controls aren’t working, but the real problem isn’t technical…
Perhaps a heavy sweater and a hat?

I hope your boss knows this won’t be safe…or legal… to drive once the windshield starts to frost up. If he’s the owner, a resultant accident with lawsuit could easily cost him his company. This one is a tort lawyer’s dream.

An autozone guy found out that the heater is working because the hose in the engine compartment is hot.

Both hoses, the input and the return? Then it has to be the blend doors.