No Fuel Flow Into Injectors on 1994 Cadillac Concours

Couldn’t this be a crank sensor? If the computer sees no engine cranking to set the timing, it won’t turn the injectors on. Would also account for the stalling and restarting issue. Higly unlikely all 8 injectors would be faulty.

@Bing, it starts with the addition of some sort of fuel, meaning that it has spark. If it has spark the crank sensor has to be good.

@Bogie, just be careful with your decision. I have a customer who had a similar dilemma, blown head gasket. He opted for engine replacement with a used unit, though I told him I could offer no warranty on the longevity of the used engine. So $3500 later he had smooth running Cadillac again, but 3 months later the radiator tank sprung a leak. Now 5 months after that the transmission is starting to slip. You mention rust damage to brake lines, what else may lie in the future for the car?

If you can get the thing started and running for a little bit try some chemical sealer in the cooling system to get you by for a while. Other than that I’d be hesitant to start with the engine replacement.

Yeah I started thinking about that. Then the PCM, injector drivers, open or short in the harness, fuse? But you almost have to follow the trouble shooting chart with the right pins checked and so on, but you have to access the injector plugs. Don’t have to run it but need to get a noid light on there. That code though might indicate a PCM fault/ground/open? Maybe worth the $100 for a diagnosis.

I am wondering if it is a bad ground connection, you won’t get any volts if it cannot complete the circuit.

Thank you–I will have to look into that as no one had suggested that idea! I am not sure if the Northstar uses that but it would make perfect sense.