Nissan Versa - battery keeps going dead with good alternator and starter

An iffy BCM (Body Control Module) can randomly cause a battery to go dead. The random part makes it difficult to verify.

Thanks for the information. Still waiting on the dealership to see what they have to say theyā€™ve had it for three days now. But I will definitely try that route once I get it back if they canā€™t fix the problem.

When you say limp mode, what are the symptoms of limp mode? because I think this may be happening to me now.

Tevie , Karon has not been on this site for 3 years so she may not answer.

Limp mode is when your vehicle has a serious problem it will only move at a reduced speed and many things will not operate .

From the main page click on the New Topic button and give your vehicle info and describe what it is doing so you can get replies just for you. Also if you are in the US many Auto Zone stores will read codes and post the codes here.

Volvo-V70 meant you have to post the codes here. autozone wont. just to be clear.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if my car is in limp mode but when I step on the gas to drive and reach about 3000 rpm the car just studders and wonā€™t go above I made a small video here :point_right: Nissan wont rev pass 3000 rpm - YouTube
The car seems to have a weak battery I run the car and take off the battery and itā€™s still going so I guess the alternator is ok I could drive all day then turn the car off then listen to the radio or charge my phone but when I try to crank the battery is dead. If I just turn the car off and leave it, it can start again but if i try to use the car battery when the car is off the battery wont crank the car on. The check engine light is on, if I reset the check engine light the car drives fine and goes above 3000 rpm bus as soon as the check engine light comes back up it starts to studder at 3000 rpm again

I guess that is a clue. Your vehicle has a problem and the more you ignore it the worse it will get until you are stranded some place you might not want to be .

Have the codes read and post them here ( preferably in your own thread ) and also have the battery checked .

1 Like