Nissan Maxima brakes

My 2004 Nissan Maxima brakes well when driving, but when at a stop, with fairly heavy pressure on the brake pedal, it goes to the floor. The dealer replaced the master cylinder and rear pads but it still has this problem. Service manager says all his cars do this - I don’t believe him. Mechanic said he bled brakes properly. Anyone else have a similar problem?

The service manager is full of it. It’s not in any way normal for a brake pedal to go all the way to the floor, ever. This is a serious safety hazard, and I’m not sure it’s safe to drive this car until the problem is corrected.

Time to find another dealer and/or an independent and get another opinion.

Maybe all HIS cars do this, but EVERYONE ELSES don’t!

He may not have bench bled the MC before installation. I agree it should be looked at by another shop.

Thanks guys. I will have it checked out by my usual trusted mechanic who was on vacation. This is covered under an extended warranty which is why I went to the dealer - that is no longer a Nissan dealer but a Chevy dealer - part of my problem, I think. I also agree that the mechanic might not have bench bled the master cylinder.