Nissan Engine Power Loss

I have a manual 1996 Nissan 200 SX SE-R with about 240,000 miles on it. Today it started idling rough when under 2500 RPMs in all gears. Also, engine power loss occurs when the oil dipstick is pulled to check oil levels while the car is on. The power loss was so severe it almost shut off the engine.

Oil, radiator and all other fluid levels seem fine. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks for any thoughts.

It sounds like the PCV valve is not working like it should for one thing. With as many miles as the engine has there could be all sorts of things that can cause trouble. I would start with the plugs and plugwires to see what condition they are in. Check for intake air and vacuum line leaks. The O2 sensor may be bad. This is just a short list of things to check. I assume the check engine light isn’t on. If it is then the codes need to be checked.

Please checkout your batteries connection, Otherwise checkout Unified Meter Control Unit (UMCU). If units go bad intermittently, then loss of power. Because the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is depened upon UMCU. Dump Trucks