Next Up: Feds To Require $200 Cameras - Where Do You Draw The Line?

There is no data to support rear cameras. Actually they could give people a false sense of security while backing up. One should always turn and look before backing up. A rear camera will only show a limited view. Sounds like someone wants to make some money. The trucking industry are using these now and have seen no reduction in accidents. You should backup in emergency situations anyway.

You should backup in emergency situations anyway.

Are you kidding? If truck drivers could only back up in emergency situations, how do you get the trailer against the dock to load it? How do you stop for the night at a truck stop without backing up?

Yes rear cameras have limited view, but with modern designs, the view out of the rear window is much more limited.

The best approach is to make use of mirrors, look over your shoulder, and check the camera monitor. Focusing on any one thing for too long will cause an accident. Ask any truck driver.

What I want is evervbody fed, (my idea is if you are fed you are less likely to rob me) I want all too work for this food, but I also want a system in place for the times when you have no work that day but you still have to eat. The devil is in the details.

About buying pre-prepared or doing all the prep yourself (I conclude the motivation is percieved maximum amount of meals per dollar) I am not convince that there are not some examples where pre-prepared matches or beats the “do it all yourself” price when all is considered.

I know I would find it hard to “do it all myself” at a cheaper rate than MickyDees dollar menu.

Instead of mandating more technology, wouldn’t it be better to mandate better driver’s ed? In the US, it’s so easy to get a license. People feel it’s a right, but it’s really a privilege.