News: Fullsize GM SUVs have a problem that's making owners sick

I have experienced wind buffeting from the current large side view mirrors. I just leave the widows up over 40mph. The 13 passenger GM vans had several accidents, some fatalities. The one I remember was US forest service transporting firefighters. The National Guard had several and I had to have special training although I never drove or rode in one.

yeah, I have never had a problem with twin I beams, I can let go of the wheel on my 75 and it rides straight and true, even with homemade floors cab supports and bad tires. my first 75 ford ran true too…

I don t know about ford vans the last 15 yrs, but I drove them at work in the late 80 s and they did not wander, and these vans were LOADED with tools and materials…

Well a Ford was at a disadvantage with the jokers I used to work for,they were diehard GM.We had an 80s model Ford van that sure didnt drive the best and 2wd F350 PICKUP that wandered quite a bit on the road and brakes were not the best(these people that drove these things could boil the brake fluid quite readily and not realize what was going on) but a little good note on the old Ford Van, we were headed to Charlotte in the old Ford van and the owners wifes Dodge conversion van,dire predictions for the Ford(gave no trouble ) We had to replace the alternator on the Dodge before we even embarked.I liked the old Ford Van and got them to hold unto it for awhile because of the extra room in the 2hr+ trips to the jobsite(much better then the Xcab or 4dr pickups).one reason the Company owners didnt like it was because there wasnt room enough to haul a fuel tank behind the back seats,the Brownies didnt have enough courage to buck the management when they made us haul gas in the van behind the rear seats. It Made me unpopular, but ,I used to stand up for the Guys(the Boss,s didnt like that ,one day told me to stay home and I did.