New tires for a 2000 Plymouth Neon LX?

Hello!

I have 34K miles and 4/32" tread left on the OEM tires that came with my 2000 Neon - Eagle LS P185/60R15. They have little to no traction on snow or ice, which is a pretty big problem since I live in Nebraska. I have read great things about the BF Goodrich Traction T/A in H or V, but they don’t come in the P185/60R15 size. However, they are available in P185/65R15 as well as a variety of other sizes for a 15" wheel. How can I tell if this size will fit on my wheels and what the best alternate size(s) would be?

Thanks!

They’ll fit, but I suggest you continue shopping until you find a winter tire that fits your car EXACTLY. There is a tire out there for you, but you need to find one in the correct size.

If you haven’t already done so, check out TireRack.com. They have LOTS of information about many tire types, brands, etc.

You can go to any tire store and ask. They will look up your car and tell you all the tire sizes that fit, based on data provided by the manufacturer. You should also be able to find this information online from tire sellers or even by calling Dodge, customer service.

TireRack.com is where I found out about the BF Goodrich Traction T/A-H/V. There is a BF Goodrich Traction T/A-T that is the right size for my car but they are rated poorly on TireRack.com. In fact, all of the tires in the P185/60R15 size that are available where I live are rated poorly on TireRack.com.