New small/compact SUVs that can tow motorcycles

You know what I drive, the 2500 Ram with a Class 5, Heavy Duty Hitch, but I am not recommending this. Just for information, my wife’s ‘85 Toyota Corolla, has an Class 2, add-on, U-Haul hitch, that we put on when it was new and we have hauled a 6’x12’ trailer way in the past, the trailer was rated for 2500-pounds, and with weight of the trailer, that put the hitch at the hitches max. And we filled the trailer and the Toyota had no problem hauling that weight or stopping with the weight… In retrospect, it was too much, but we were young and foolish…

About, 25-years ago, pre-truck, U-haul restricted the Toyota to a 4’x8, rated at about 1500-pounds, hence the need to buy the truck so we could haul those lawn chairs to the beach… L :smile: L . . .

We also have a 2019 Toyota Corolla and 2020 Honda Fit, neither of which can be legally fitted with a trailer hitch. The under bumper, under trunk area is all sheet metal… Both cars have pop-out covers in the bumper areas that allow us to screw in a “pull hook” There is that little “solid Steel…”

There is a lot of good advice being offered by folks who have vehicles that will fill your bill, and if the vehicle is used, read this posting and take that advice too…

Good Luck!