New Car Feels a Little Bumpy?

I’ll add this. The 19 inch wheels on the 2015 Ecobosst often come with the Ecoboost performance package. This package gets you a stiffer suspension (HD springs, stiffer shocks, bigger sway bar) than the standard Ecoboost Mustang. This could cause the ride to be particularly harsh.

We have a thread some time back where a person bought a Honda Fit SPORT, and hated the ride. This model rides a lot harsher that the standard Fit, which she had driven before.

Tom & Ray used to get countless questions about making pickup trucks to ride as smoothly as the Buicks these poster had traded in.

Honestly though, I didn’t really noticed it all that much, until I friend pointed it out 3 days ago.

Than all you need to do is verify that the tire pressure is correct.
Of course you COULD buy a fanny pad for your friend to use… {:slight_smile:

The lower profile tires that go with the larger wheels puts less sidewall height between the wheel and the road.
And yes, low profile tires + pothole is a bent rim waiting to happen. Some of our SE WI potholes are more correctly called craters.

Oliver, I support your statements. Not only are low aspect ratio (skinny sidewall) tires more likely to get bent in potholes, but this year in particular is a horrible pothole season… unless one is actually trying to grow potholes. Between the bad winter and the budgets that have repeatedly put lots of road maintenance on hold, the roads in Manchester NH are horrible. We left Hanoi’s roads in better shape in December '72 after the bombing raids… (technically know as Linebacker II, unofficially known as the Christmas Bombing, although we “stood down” on Xmas day).