New brake pad mm 2017 rav4 xle

My pads are down to 6mm, based on service notes for oil change. Do not know oem pad thickness, just trying to estimate how many miles might be left. 27k miles on the car. I think cruise control uses brakes to adjust speed. Thanks in advance.

New pad thickness can vary from model to model, even on the same models with different trim levels. Minimum pad thickness is generally 2mm, new pads I see are usually around 10mm.

3 Likes

In my experience, and this all depends on the person’s driving habit, such as how likely they are to use the brake, when my pads are at 6mm, they usually last me 3 years ( 27,000 miles).

But this equation only pertains to me as my friend who is disabled and owns a 2021 Toyota Sienna has never changed his brake pads while his van is currently at 96,000 miles and pads at 5mm.

My guess regarding to your pads is that you have about 24,000 miles left on your pads, and dealers like to change them at 3mm.

When I installed new pads on my Lexus and brought the car in for inspection the following week, I was told my pads were 8mm.

This surprises me because a new pad should read 10-12mm.

1 Like

I guess I have 3 or 4 more years.

Are we talking front or rear brake pads?

3 pads 6 mm One at 5,Figure good for at least another 25k miles.

I asked you if we’re talking front or rear brake pads

Front and rear. 3 whees at 6, 1 at 5

okay

I think you’re probably good for another 2 years