Narrowing down my next car purchase

My wife had one and it was a real money pit. She finally traded it in for a Honda Fit last year. I would not touch another Nissan with a ten foot pole myself. Very disappointing car.

@VOLVO_V70 ā€“ Despite your judgments, Iā€™m quite capable at DIY. No, Iā€™m not a auto mechanic, itā€™s not my day job. But if something breaks, car or otherwise, I do my research, ask my questions, and fix it.

@db4690 ā€“ I think Iā€™m not getting much below the blue book value, and there is damage. However, I think you may be correct, as I didnā€™t argue or push for more money on the assessment. Normally I squeeze for extra money/savings in everything, but the timing of making the call during work was the issue in this case. Iā€™ll be calling back and pursuing a better number soon. I donā€™t expect much, but it would be worth it to make the call and try.

Sorry if my language sounded harsh :frowning:

Itā€™s just that your car, even with high mileage, still commands a fair price in my neck of the woods. And Iā€™m surprised they threw out such a low number. Low number in my opinion, though not everybody shares my opinion