My husband think he fixs are air car

OK guys Lisa may not be a native English speaker and as suggested may be texting from a cell phone.

Joe–After almost 40 years as an educator, I can readily detect the differences in writing styles that distinguish a non-native speaker from someone who is a semi-literate native speaker of English. Trust me–the OP falls into the latter category.

However, I agree with you that she may have been texting from a cellular phone, which could tend to exaggerate an already impaired ability in communication.

Not really, I’m dyslexic; I try to make it a point to proofread my posts out of common courtesy in an effort to keep my posts somewhat readable. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people who are asking for your assistance in the first place, to do the same

Hello, And Welcome To Linguistics Talk!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Punctuation and capitals are helpful. CSA

FoDaddy, You’re Doing A Fine Job, Mighty Fine!

After reading your expert car advice, opinions and anecdotes for quite a while, you don’t strike me as a “close enough” type guy, by any stretch of the imagination. That’s why you help so many people out on this site and I appreciate your effort. You are extremely reasonable and extremely knowledgeable. Thanks! I always look forward to what you have to say.

CSA

FoDaddy–I agree with CSA. Your posts are consistently informative and helpful. If it actually takes you extra time to proofread your posts, that shows even more about your good character.

Thanks for the kind words. I also enjoy and largely agree with your “To the point, no PC, no BS”, straight talk, I wish more people weren’t so hung up on political correctness. If I’m honest though, I’ll settle for “close enough” on alot of things. Like pool chemicals. My water analysis called for 4.15 pounds of stabilizer. Since the containers are sold in 4 pound containers. I just poured the four pounds in and called it good. My dog jumped in the pool an hour or so later and she’s still alive, so I guess it’s safe :slight_smile:

For the record, I really don’t recommend getting a pool, its fun for a while, then it quickly becomes an expensive hole in the ground that you throw $50 a week in chemicals into.

But when it comes to cars, computers, or anything mechanical, I’m pretty ridged in my standards.

I’m disappointed in you guys.

It’s one thing to kid around, but where’s the professionalism we try to project here?

A few subjects to address: Lisa, what year is this vehicle and what mileage does it have?

If more than 10 years, The A/C MAY have reached the end of its life.

There is a reason for A/C refrigerant to leak out and dried up seals are one.

This can be repaired and recharged at a cost. A/C units are NOT cheap to fix. The parts aren’t that expensive, but the labor is high and varies from shop to shop.

If the unit is rusted out, it will need replacing and then you are looking at a $1000 bill+.

As you well know, it is dangerous to have little children (AND pets) in a vehicle in super hot temps, moving or not.

Unless the economy has ‘lowered the roof’ on your family, (as well as thousands of others) a thorough search (and inspection by a qualified mechanic before sale) for a larger (newer) vehicle is called for.

Just buy the best vehicle for the money you can afford. Pay cash if at all possible and stay away from those money grubbing banks.

I do not disagree one bit! Rest assured there will be no attempt from the op. My point was maybe there is some sort of learning disability which cannot be helped. There was some blood in the water and…

I here you but maybe the op has something more, like (I am not being insulting) a limited capacity for learning, that’s all I’m saying.