My first car- airbags question

Here’s a cyber-toast wishing you well, and that you enjoy your newly purchased Subie Impreza 2.5L OP! Summer’s here, time for a road trip :slight_smile:

It is unacceptable tha he insulted KITT. Totally understand that harsh truth told to me by him about the other questions I had, but it kinda hurt to see him insult something me and my father grew up with watching.

Watch the show again as an adult. It’s 80’s cheese. Even though I still have fond memories of watching it as a kid, and wishing I had KITT as a kid (ok fine I wish I had KITT now too), I can recognize that if you did not first see it as a kid, you’re not going to have much appreciate for it now.

I had the same experience showing my 6 year old nephew the movie Flight of the Navigator. I absolutely loved that movie as a kid. Thought it was one of the alltime greats. I hadn’t seen it since I was probably 12 or 13. I barely made it through when I was watching it with him. I mean… They cast Pee Wee Herman as the ship’s computer for cripes sake! And then I found out the kid who was the movie’s star grew up and became a bank robber, which killed off another part of my childhood. :wink:

As for @VOLVO_V70, he is very, uh, blunt, but he’s right more often than he’s wrong and he tends to give well-founded advice.

enjoy your car!

3 Likes

I happen to enjoy the Car auctions on television. Most of my friends say they would rather watch paint dry. Does that bother me ? No, not at all. Getting upset because someone does not like a TV show you like is not a major problem.

3 Likes

OK, forgive me. I had no idea what KITT was. I never watched it. Didn’t know this was about a TV show. At any rate I agree with Shadowfax that tastes change. You are too young but as a kid I used to love Red Skelton, watched him all the time, and laughed myself sick. So I got some of his programs a few years ago and it was just boring now. Never even finished them.

I watched it once, for a few minutes before I concluded that I needed to re-organize my sock drawer.

My father disliked Red Skelton, so we never got to watch his show (only one TV in the house in those days!), but I did get a chance to see some of Red’s stuff recently. Like your recent epiphany, my reaction was…not particularly funny.

Now, if you want to see something from that era that has held-up very well, view some videos of the old Burns & Allen show. IMHO, that is still one of the funniest shows that ever aired.

I agree 100%.

Red Skelton was physical comedy, and that is more popular with younger folk. I used to enjoy the Three Stooges and Marx Brothers, and could watch them for hours. They don’t hold the same attraction 50 years later. Burns and Allen was a different type of comedy, and it plays well with adults. I think I’d enjoy seeing Gracie do her schtik again, too. George Burns used to say that he just set her up and let her run with it. He called her the genius of the act.