My 75 dodge 360 Motorhome wont start sitting too long

That price from Autozone is for an Optima AGM battery. That is a premium battery and group 34 may fit but that battery is shorter in height and designed for Dodge trucks 2002 and newer. A group 24 battery should be the correct battery and a group 27 will be the largest battery that will fit in a Dodge truck battery tray. Those batteries are available for $100 to $160 from Autozone, check the web site.

Before you replace the battery did you recharge it as recommended? Batteries discharge over time and your attempts to start the engine have discharged the battery.

Its a 1975 dodge motorhome the battery that was in it was a 34-60.

The battery was recharged less than 2wks prior to this

The battery was old and i had a feeling it was on its last leg it was an old carquest battery

Can it be a DP24?

That may be a used battery from a later model truck, group 34 did not exist in 1975, that vehicle came with a group 24 or 27 battery.

When you are working on a vehicle it may be necessary to recharge the battery every day.

Ok ill definately keep that in mind. Now when u say group 24 or 27 can i use any from that group or s there a specifc one i need to be looking for. Cause i found a DP24 for 106 bucks

Prefixes like “DP” are manufacture specific, group numbers 24, 27, 34 are standardized, the battery case dimensions are the same for a particular group number.

Ok thank u so much for your help.