My 2000 chevy chugs

I have a 2000 Silverado Z71 and every so often( about 2 times a week) when i start it up and take off it will sputter and chug and “pop” under my feet like a small back fire. I am lost with this thing; I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, TPS, and had the tranny selanoids changed. I had the tranny looked at because when it is doing this it doesnt want to shift (high RPMs and Low speed). Please help this has been going on for months.

When it is sputtering and chugging, is the ‘Check Engine’ light on? If so, get the codes read. It is probably a bad sensor. I’m leaning towards a intermittently bad MAP sensor, but this is a WAG.

I’ll lean that way, too. You can try a MAF spray cleaner on the Mass Air Flow sensor. Also, use a throttle body cleaner.
Disconnect, and reconnect, the MAF electrical connector. The wiping action on the connector terminals could improve their connection.
With the engine idling, gently tap on the MAF. If the engine idle changes (stumbles, etc.) the MAF could be bad.

no check engine light at all