Movie Continuity

When I was a kid–which was more than half a century ago–I was watching a TV Western program when Bruno–our trusty TV repair guy–arrived, and he immediately pointed-out a Contrail in the sky above this… supposedly… 19th Century TV Western. Bruno was a USAF veteran, so–of course–I realized that his observation was correct. My young eyes had not noticed that obvious anomaly.

1 Like

I’m thinking it was Ben Hur or Sparticus where an actor was wearing a wrist watch!

2 Likes

I shudder to think what would have happened if he brought a florescent light bulb to school. Oh wait! The classroom ceilings are full of those!
And every car in the parking lot has a gas tank with around 10 to 20 gallons of carcinogenic and explosively flammable fuel.
OH THE HUMANITY!

LOL!!! Yes! It is a complete sentence! Dear Moronic Whoever You Are!!!

I am happy to say I’ve never watched those movies. I watched about five minutes of the first movie and changed the channel.

1 Like

I wonder if they were recycling footage to save money. I can forgive them when that’s the issue on a low budget TV show, because they have to work within the confines of their budget.

Nor have I.
If I ever entertained any thought of watching the first one, it was immediately banished by finding out that it featured Vin Diesel. I can’t even stand listening to him because his speaking voice sounds exactly like belching–IMHO.

@Whitey. You are probably correct, although it still seems to me that the producers of the lineup could have purchased two cars of the same year. There was also a full length film called “The Line Up”. In the film,.the car would leave the station with blackwall tires and show up at the crime scene in the same.model car with white wall tires.
At least on the original Dragnet tv series with Jack Webb as Sgt.Joe Friday and Ben Alexander as Officer Frank Smith, the detective car always looked the same and the cars.were always Fords. Ben Alexander, was not only an actor, but owned a Ford dealership in Los Angeles. Sgt. Joe Friday made certain that not only the facts, but the details were correct as well.

Regardless of owning a Ford dealership, Fords were often the choice for police and highway patrol back then. I’d say through 59 but my memory is fuzzy. Once in a while there would be a Chevy but usually Fords. I think they were faster and cheaper. Then in the 60’s I noticed Dodges and Plymouths. Now we are back to Ford SUVs. Just in general though.

@bing. In 1955, the California Highway Patrol used Buicks. The TV series, Highway Patrol was realistic. In the original episodes, Dan Matthews, played by Broderick Crawford drove a 1955 Buick Century and it was a standard shift.

Yeah must have been a reason for going with higher cost and less fuel efficient Buicks. My BIL had a 56 and it guzzled gas like crazy. I think it was around 12 mpg. I’ve never owned a Ford but my dad did and my BIL is a big Ford fan.

@bing. The California Highway Patrol Buicks back in 1955 were equipped with manual transmissions. The Buicks with the automatic transmission, called Dynaflow, were gas guzlers due to the fact that the Dynaflow depended entirely on the torque converter for torque multiplication. Unless one manually selected low range, the transmission did not shift. My parents owned a 1954 Buick with the manual transmission. The gas mileage ran about 18-20 mpg which was quite respectable for that time period. The “naihead” V-8 engine that Buick used in those days was fuel efficient compared to other engines. It is too bad the automatic transmission had so much slippage.