Motor oil

“Because you can use the toilet paper as an oil filter cartridge . . . ?!”

We used it in a more…conventional…manner.
However, my mother was very suspicious about toilet paper that did not come with any wrapping.
Yes, the low-end (no pun intended) toilet paper that they gave away at those gas stations came w/o wrapping!

“What percentage of your customers used to ask for a dollars worth”

In the late '60s my grandfather would buy $1 of gas and drive his Chevy II from Wash. DC to Stafford county and back, 41 miles each way.
Had a little weekend house on 10 acres he bought for $1000 in 1960.

There used to be a gas station on North 10th in McAllen which had a large water purifier. And, for each stated quantity of gas, which I do not remember, you bought they gave you a gallon of free purified water, with your own container. At that time a gallon of water from the windmill vendor cost 25 cents. So, as long as gas price was competitive it was a nice come-on. That was in the late 90’s.

In McAllen, purified water was a big deal. In those days, they had the highest percentage of babies born with no brain in the world, due to the chemicals used on the crops. McA says their water is good, but people still mostly buy purified water. We do.

Let me tell you you IR,purified water is good,it has its uses in autos as well.

I run distilled water in my coolant mix. I don’t like using tap water as it is pretty hard around here.

I guess I’m not familiar with purified water. Is that supposed to be the same as distilled water? I don’t think so. Sounds like its tap water run though filters or something.

Nope. Distilled water is water that has been boiled, the water vapors captured and condensed and everything else left behind during the boiling and disposed of. It costs about a buck a gallon at any grocery store, and I strongly recommend it for cooling system use. Why introduce possible mineral buildup needlessly?

Yeah I knew that but what’s purified water then?

Filtered water. It sounds like a popular stop for RV’s, 40 gallons of fuel, 40 gallons of water.

Well not something I’m familiar with from the “land of sky blue waters”-Hamms the beer refreshing.

Yeah I knew that but what's purified water then?

Purified water is water that’s filtered through an RO (Reverse Osmosis) system. Only water cleaner is distilled water. We have an RO system because our well has Arsenic levels over 5 times the recommended levels.