More of the '03 Taurus problem (water leaking) + more now

this was discussed in another thread, but there’s been more developments that i’m now concerned about, & don’t know how these fit into the overall picture.

(http://act…ge#2655685)

[as a reminder, i had this minor work done very recently: oil change, tire rotation, air filter, & windshield wiper change within last couple weeks - i am always suspicious after i have a garage do anything, especially if something else goes wrong the next day, or week.]

this taurus (ses) has about 47,000 miles on it.

i haven’t gotten to look into having the a/c hose blown out (or whatever needs to be done), & my engine light went on the same day i had been getting responses to the passenger floor water issue.

i went to auto zone, & this is the (confusing) reading i got. (i would have thought it would be related to my water problem, but looks like something else completely? isn’t the timing rather strange tho?)

================================

Reading:

TROUBLESHOOTING PO171

Definition

Fuel trim bank one condition

Explanation

The powertrain control module uses the oxygen sensor to calculate the Air/Fuel ratio of the engine. The computer has recognized a rich or lean condition on one engine bank only.

Probable cause

1. - If bank one and two codes set together suspect fuel pressure or MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor

2. - Oxygen sensor defective

3. - Ignition misfire-repair

4. - Fuel injector problem

TROUBLESHOOTING PO174

Explanation

The ECM has detected a rich or lean Air/Fuel ratio condition on engine bank two.

Probable cause

1. - If bank one and two are set together suspect fuel pressure or MAF sensor fault

2. - Failed HO2521 (Heated oxygen sensor - Bank 2 Sensor 1)

3. - Ignition misfire condition

4. - Fuel injector problem

5. - Engine mechanical condition

================================

the guy at auto zone said the mass air flow sensor part is $130, & said it’s easy to replace (well, not for me!)… but suggested using fuel system cleaner (& possibly air flow sensor spray) first before doing that other repair.

i am very confused… why is all this happening right after i took my car in for minor work? could any of it be related to that?

also… this isn’t in any way related to my wet floor, correct?

i’m baffled, & calling on you guys as usual.

sorry - i retitled this one MASS AIR FLOW & wanted to delete the one above, but can’t see how. maybe i’m missing something. if someone knows how i can delete the one above, i’d appreciate any pointers. thanks.