Mobil 1 - freq of oil change?

I have not yet heard of an oil filter dedicated to synthetic oil. It sounds like marketing people at work doing their magic to attempt to make more money for their company. It should not matter what kind of oil that debris is found in; the filter must trap it. I would not pay extra for a special, synthetic oil filter. Can you imagine the commotion if it was found true that an automotive oil type required a specific filter and that in addition to the plethora of oil filter types now available? I checked with Fram about 10 years ago and was told that there were about 200 automotive oil filter types. It must be many more than that now.

Your vehicle owner’s manual is your best guide.

Some consolidation seems to be in order for automotive oil and air filters and some other parts but no one seems to be pushing for that.

NAPA sells a synthetic oil filter. It is designed for the extended oil change intervals of synthetic oil.

Guess what?

Click on the pic…

NAPA sells a synthetic oil filter.
Probably made by Wix.

And I challenge anyone to show me there’s a difference between an inexpensive Wallmart filter and a 5x price super synthetic filter. People have been putting hundreds of thousands of miles on their vehicles with just regular dyno oil and cheap wallmart filters for years.

If you believe the Purolator ad, the synthetic filter works better than a standard filter, which may be true. So, if you are going to change the oil at 10,000 miles instead of 6,000 miles it might be better for your engine to use a synthetic filter.

However, I’d prefer to use a standard filter and change oil every six months or 5,000 miles as it says in my owner’s manual. Anything else is a risk, in my opinion.

I drive my 200 Chrysler Town & Country just 2,500 mi per year, for about 50 miles each occasion.
I change the oil & filter once a year. Is that sufficient?

Yes, those 50 mile trips are easy on the oil.

I’ve always understood filters such as the Pure1 and Mobil1 have a synthetic media, eg. not paper. Has nothing to do with synthetic oil. I would use them but they are not available in my country of residence.

What does your car’s manufacturer recommend for your car and driving conditions?

sciconf
When I was using Valvoline Syn, every time I change oil at $5k, I noticed an improvement.

What do you mean?

With Mobil no improvement meaning Mobil oil is holding up. Last oil change, the Pep boys m/c said that he can see right though the oil as he was emptying it.

So by improvement you mean the new oil looks cleaner than the old?

If I recall from my day’s of owning the close® sibling Honda Civic recommended every 7500 miles for oil change. Maybe less in severe service.

My now wife did 5k-7.5k(96 Civic) using Walmart’s superTech $15 oil change and it was sold perfectly running with 190k miles.The important thing I believe is checking/topping the motor oil which likely 85% people don’t do.