Misfire on Cylinder 4 - Coil/plug is good, but voltage to coil is high?

Did you have to return your old one as a core or do you still have it? Nothing to lose if you still have it and are curious. Open the case if you can and have a look see. The driver chip will likely be near the connector pin for that cylinder. Most of these boards are only double sided so you can trace the paths fairly easy and find the associated parts. Look for discolored parts, bad solder joints, etc.

it’s not worth the effort, and time, to find out
That depends on your curiousity level. :slight_smile:
I’ve taken a lot of things apart and fixed them. I’ve also taken them apart and decided to throw it in the trash after a quick review. But you almost always learn something from looking!

Good job on the repair Jad and thanks for the update on this. Glad to hear you got it solved and it didn’t cost very much to fix it. You did good in getting a used PCM for a decent price.

I still have it so I think I will take it apart as you suggested. It’ll be interesting to see if the fault is visible to the naked eye. We’ll see!

We’re still waiting for the results of the test, from you. It’s 08/27/08, and someone (mfaeber) is having a similar PCM problem, though, a different circuit.