Michelin defender tire for my 2001 toyota camry

There was a very expensive lawsuit in the Southern states years ago which went as follows:

A guy stone drunk driving a Ford at very high speed had a blowout and crashed, getting himself killed, but his wife survived the crash. She sued Ford for $3 million and won. Ford’s standard tires in those days for this car were minimal and on many models Ford warned against “sustained speeds of over 85 mph”. On this car with those same rated tires, the owners manual stated no such thing, and the lawyer used this loophole to get the settlement. Never mind the drunk and irresponsible driving, way over the speed limit. Their insurance only paid for the car, I believe.

If the car’s owner’s manual had stated the 85 mph limit the widow would have gotten nothing from Ford!

There is a lawyer for every 250 people in the USA, compared to one for every 10,000 in Japan. No wonder you can get sued for nearly everything in the US. I have one of those folding sun shields you put over the dash and front window to keep the heat out. It says with large letters “remove before driving the car”.

Do you mean to tell us that retailers would stretch the truth just to make a profit ? Shocking, simply shocking !