Mice Nest in Ductwork

Found this link to see IF any could figure out how a dead rat in her nest was on top of my cabin air filter. Guessing it got in cabin, climbed thru air duct, got caught on top of filter and died lacking food or water. Went to Italy for 50th Wedding Anniv, came back to rotten smell like wife’s Hyundai had with dead rat under front seat. 8 inches of rat and two handfuls of insulation… found nothing else in chambers, used deluxe heavy duty Lysol concentrate and orange spray to see IF this car remains in our stable!! Don’t allow open doors ever since that incident…

This stuff works great. Spray under hood, inside cabin air filter housing, down
info air intakes. No big odor but repels rodents.

1 Like

I spray around the house and garage doors. Reminds me time to spray again. Once a month especially when it’s turning colder out.

That product is okay, but this one is far superior, due to at least twice the concentration of the active ingredients:

not to whine, but the rodent stopper contains twice as much liquid, so the total amount of active ingredients is the same…

Compare the percentages of the active ingredients in both products, and you will see what I am referring to, namely a higher concentration in the product that I recommended.

notice the bottle capacities and do the advanced mathematics.
twice the capacity with half the percentage gives you the same
amount ot stuff.
duh.

… and you have to spray twice as much in order to have the same effect as the more highly-concentrated product.

Duh, indeed.

1 Like

Actually the active ingredients are different, so we can’t even do the comparison this way.

I should mention that tester first mentioned a couple years ago using this product around his buildings with good success. The last I bought it was about $12 at Menards. It takes about a half bottle for me each time. My only complaint is the sprayers are junk and don’t last. Fixed by using a generic spray bottle.

I’m going to add that rodent stopper seems to work on wood peckers too. Ratta tat tat, for two days. Chase the sucker away and back at it again. About a 2 inch hole in my cedar siding. Sprayed the area and hasn’t been back. Never had one before. Of course like car repairs, it works till it doesn’t. Need to mix a little epoxy wood rot stuff. Works great too.

My last home was contemporary log home. Everything was trying to bore into it. One day, a pileated wood pecker punched a 3" round hole in the soffit while the wife was home. I’m like, you couldn’t hear that happening?!?

Yeah this was loud. Even I could hear it. Like a loud typewriter (for old folks that remember them) in the same room. At the cabin considered log but went with fake log and conventional construction. About $3 a foot either way.