Mercedes C230 Intermittent A/C fan problem

I have a Mercedes C230 2007 Air conditioner problem. When I start the car and turn on the A/C and the fan, it works for about 2 - 5 minutes then the fan stops (the AC light still shows the AC is on). If I turn the fan off and wait about 3 - 5 minutes, then turn back on the fan, it will work again, and for the rest of the trip, the AC and fan works fine. But if I turn off the car when I stop at a store for instance, then start the car again, the AC initially works then the fan turns off again after 2 - 5 minutes. I always have to wait the 3 - 5 minutes to turn back on the fan otherwise the fan won’t turn on.

I have tried numerous variations of turning on/off recirc, fan on higher or lower speed, and different AC temp settings. None of these make any difference. I have also tried just turning on the “Auto” AC setting, but the same problems exists. This problem happens now every time I drive the car, whereas initially it only happened a few times a week.

Any ideas what this problem is? Possible cost for fixing this?

Hi Fidson did you ever resolve this? It’s be great to know what happened if you did.

@joeyb this thread is very old

I suspect a blower regulator
I worked at a Benz dealer for many years, and this was a fairly common problem.