Mercedes Benz Flat Tire Problem

Maurice the person who started this thread has been gone for 6 years.

2 Likes

Yep, just about got me again with a post from 2010. I was just going to say to listen to Capri anyway but geez, Iā€™ve gone through two more sets of Michelins since this post started.

For the life of me, I canā€™t figure out why somebody would do a VERY time-consuming search of this site in order to respond to a question that was posted over 6 1/2 years ago.
Why, Maurice?
Why?

:astonished:

1 Like

Not only that, but I just clicked on Mauriceā€™s icon, and he only joined 6 hours ago, apparently right before trying to help OP from 6-1/2 years ago

Hopefully heā€™ll continue to post replies to CURRENT discussions, because the advice he gave was sound

1 Like

Yes, it was definitely sound advice, but for the person who posed the original question 6 1/2 years ago, that advice was not of a timely nature.

:confused:

1 Like

Some years ago, here in Silicon Valley, after a co-worker bought a new high performance model VW he was constantly coming in late to work. Never had that problem before. His boss asked him why heā€™s not on time at important meetings all of a sudden? He explained his new car was constantly having flat tires on the way to work. Heā€™d have to stop and change the tire on the side of the road, which would make him late. Turns out he discovered the problem was the tires that came w/the high performance car were low profile, and those tend to go flat easily when running over bumps. To keep his job, he decided to sell his car and buy an econo-box Honda Civic instead. His attendance at important meetings was prompt once more.

1 Like

Oops ā€¦ me bad

Not your fault. It is the moderators fault for not locking old threads when they moved to the new software!

Must have been awfully bumpy, did he live on a ranch?

Itā€™s not your fault, @Maurice_Harting. Welcome.

I just put new tires on my Mercedes CLK320 ā€¦ It must be the new tire fumes that affected my mind, and no I did not inhale hehehehe

1 Like

Would have been simpler to buy some smaller rims and taller tires.
Thatā€™s what I recently did.
This reminds me I need to drive around to the nearby used tire shops and try and sell my old wheels.

Not a ranch. He said it happened when driving over railroad tracks. Street car routes crossed his path on the way to work I guess.

Even if the flat-tire problem was somehow fixed, he said he still didnā€™t like how close the gears were spaced. Found too much stick-shifting annoying while driving in stop and go traffic, so he decided to buy a non-performance car instead.

I expect that village has corrected the problem with the tracks long ago. Half the vehicles that I work on have 35, 40 or 45 series tires, it is very common today and the flat tires that I see are from punctures or median strikes.