Mechanic is requiring that I be physically present at his shop!

Wow. It seems that for $2000 you can just buy all new injectors and of course don’t bring them to the BMW dealer to put them in…

I stop in the local BMW dealership here in San Jose quite often, as it is on one of my walk-a-bout routes and a warm place to sit down on their comfy couch & take a break. Lots and lots of customers in there every times I’ve been, which is usually in the late afternoon. I have to say almost everyone in there, both customers and sales-staff, are looking very happy. Lots of smiles and fun conversations abound. It’s really quite a pleasant place to go, at least from my outsider’s point of view. The sales-staff are very pleasant too, and never ask me why I’m sitting on their comfy couch. They sometimes offer me a cup of coffee too, but I say “no thanks” as I’m not even a potential customer. Even the parts department is very pleasant and helpful. Were I to have unlimited resources I’d probably pop for one of their cars. But I’d go for one of their best sellers.

Not surprising. CR rates BMW as the 8th most reliable brand sold in the US for 2019. They even call the X5 the best luxury SUV on the market today. Given the emphasis most brand she place on reliability, I doubt there is much different between #1 (Lexus) and #8.

Many dealers have a rotation schedule for their sales representatives . If one has to greet a non-customer just walking in that may cause that person to actually miss meeting a real customer . That could mean a lost sale for a commissioned salesperson.

this sounds logical