Manual transmissions

well frankly it is a pain in the but but you can turn any car into stick shift. u can have some1 do it but its alot and i think to do it yourself is even more but not quite sure. i had a car tht i wanted to be a stick so i sent it to my grandpa and he did it. you have to be real good with wiring and general mechanics both so if not much expierience with either dont try it trust me

texasaggie00, if you have a manual transmission and a dead battery without anyone to jump start it, you can push start the vehicle. With the key in the “on” position, you get the car moving in neutral. Once it is moving fast enough, you put it in gear and pop the clutch. The momentum starts the car and you drive off.

get one of those Chrysler trannys that you can shift up or down by touching the shift lever up or down.

I’m not afraid of a little work either. I worked 35 years before I retired.

Another good reason for buying a manual transmission is that you get a lot of excercize, one foot for the clutch the other on the accelerator, one hand on the shift lever and driving with the other hand.

Keith, how about an electric starter, would you rather use a crank? Or the old mechanical brakes, they were great, or vacuum wipers?

I would love to have an old motorcycle with a kick starter. Any car with mechanical brakes would be equally as cool since it would have to be an antique or a classic.

The OP had a '96 base model manual transmission Camaro. Technical aspects aside, a manual transmission is more fun to drive in my opinion.