Loss of power when accelerating uphill

I called autozone and oreillys I can’t get the throttle position sensor by itself I have to replace the whole throttle body, I’m gonna try cleaning the throttle body as well since that isn’t to difficult before buying one of those. And I can test the catalytic converter option Sunday

Those fault codes are for the variable valve control solenoids and/or circuits, not the throttle body or transmission.

I did not say there was anything wrong with your throtte position sensor. I said it is seeing that yout throttle is wide open and you are not gaining speed and the computer is using that information to either downshift or hold you in a lower gear. Your problem is lack of power. I don’t know hat is causing your lack of power, it could be fuel delivery, ignition, or restricted exhaust. Stop trying to throw whatever parts someone mentioned at it. You are in over your head. You could find out if it was a clogged cat with a vacuum gauge but nobody seems to use one anymore.

I suggest you take it to a real mechanic to get it diagnosed.

Look!

One of the symptoms of DTC P0010 is: Decreased Engine Performance At High RPM’s.

https://www.fixdapp.com/blog/p0010-meaning-causes-symptoms-fixes

Tester

1 Like

I am taking it to one of my dads mechanic shops right now, I didn’t take it originally because they’re all on opposite side of town and I only have this one vehicle, I wanted to replace the parts regardless because the vehicle is older