Looking for Feedback on CARCHEX Extended Warranty Services

Hello Car Talk Community members. I’m interested in hearing any feedback the group has related specifically to the CARCHEX brand of extended warranties. Please identify yourself as a policyholder who has used the service, a policyholder who has the policy but has not yet used it, or as a mechanic who has serviced vehicles and been paid by CARCHEX-brokered extended warranty policies. Thanks!

May I ask, "why?"

Is it the case that you are affiliated with the company, have virtually no feedback or information concerning CarChex, or are you trying to support a pro or con bias concerning Car Chex, or none of the above?
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

Never owned an extended warranty and never will. Extended warranties are from the time the manufacturer warranty runs out to between 100k and 150k miles (depending on manufacturer). This is the period when the vehicle is it’s most reliable. It makes no sense to pay the exorbitant amount of money these warranty companies want. It’s thee most expensive insurance policy you can buy…and the highest profit product insurance companies sell.

2 Likes

Even if I did have that service I would not answer on an open forum with a screen name . Besides how would you know if my response was even real ?

1 Like

If you want to know more about GorehamJ, click on his name at the head of his message. He is a frequent contributor here, a car enthusiast, and writer. I do not think he has any nefarious intent, but is seeking information about a car-related product or service - as people do at this site.

4 Likes

I found it interesting that CARCHEX extended warranties are provided through American Auto Shield and Royal Administration.

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

I am doing an overview of it and the topic of Extended warranties for Car Talk. As a story for the site. Thx

Me too. It looks like CARCHEX is a broker of sorts.