Tabs or cats

Hi @common-sense-answer the community guidelines are here

Thanks for pointing out they weren’t centrally available. I’ve now pinned it throughout the forum. Please stop finding a way to bring up the political aspects of the pandemic. I’m asking you to stop not because of your viewpoint, but the bigger issue is you now know it makes people angry, and yet you’ve been doing it anyway. This gets at the core of the discussion guidelines’ request that people consider how their posts contribute to the overall atmosphere of the community. There are lots of people here whose politics I don’t know, but there are a number I can think of who do agree with you, but somehow they don’t end up with arguments trailing in the wake of their comments.

@bing and @cavell and others I may have left out - please also drop the discussion about the shooting. You’re not bringing it up to talk about tags, even though the word “tags” and “car” appeared in the post.

There are some other folks on the other end of the spectrum who bring up politics at irrelevant times, and I’ve commented on that, too.

I have relied on people to self-regulate and read the room for a long time. I don’t think that’s sufficient here. I’m tired of talking about covid, and I’m sure many here would rather talk about anything but.

Going forward if I see any repeated efforts to place political bait in discussions, without response to request to stop, and I will give short-term time-outs (i.e., temporary bans). I’ll warn first.

I’m still thinking about off-topic discussions, but right now the above statement is focused on folks who bait others into political discussions and don’t respond to redirection.

@old_mopar_guy…language! This isn’t Gravesend.

Thank you.

4 Likes