Lexus ES 350

Thanks everyone.

I so appreciate all of your advice.

Just as follow up, my son found a great Subaru Forester and loves it.

As for me, I have a Toyota Sequoia with 327,000 miles and am trying to find
a good replacement.

I loved the ES 350 but it is a bit big for me.

I am leaning toward the Prius V. There is also a 2009 Lexus IS 250 Sport
Sedan AWD.

Any thoughts on these two vehicles?

Thanks so much,
deb

Frankly I think you are making this way too difficult . But my thoughts are: why be hung up on used luxury vehicles, I would never buy a used all wheel drive vehicle or a used hybrid and the same as before-just find something you like and have a mechanical inspection and drive on.

The above paragraph proves forum answers will have personal bias.

Please forgive me, but this makes absolutely no sense, imo

A Toyota Sequoia is a good sized suv, and youā€™ve apparently been driving it for awhile

Yet a Lexus ES350 is too big for you

Please explain this in a way that makes sense to me

1 Like

I am moving to a smaller car - I love the size of the Sequoia, but do not
need the room any longer.

The ES is not too big for me to drive - but it is a bigger vehicle than I
want at this time.

Thanks!

The Lexus IS is a sports car, kind of. A 2009 is pretty old considering that it was probably driven with passion!

Of you choice I donā€™t like the IS or the Prius V, just get a RAV4 or at least try one out.

Iā€™d avoid the IS because of its rougher ride and small interior.

I disagree about how an IS would be driven. Itā€™s handling is poor when compared to other sports sedans of that time period. If someone wanted to push the limits of a small sports sedan, they probably would have bought an Audi or BMW.

The Lexus IS is a 4-door sedan. Hereā€™s a photo of one from 2009 for reference.

The Lexus IS AWD has a hump in the driverā€™s side floor that helps make the car feel cramped inside compared to the german rivals (and most compare it to the BMW 3 Series and the Audi A4) It has been reliable but CR didnā€™t have enough data on the 2009 (2010 and Later)

The Prius V has more cargo room than the original Prius but at the expense of gas mileage (friends have owned both) My parents have had a Prius for coming on 8yrs now with no issues. My dad is looking at the Hybrid RAV4 for himself now that heā€™s seen the benefits of the Hybrid System.

Thank you woolyrob!

I learned about the Rav 4 Hybrid. Another great option. Do they have the reliability of the Prius?

Some do and some donā€™t.

The Rav4 Hybrid just came out this year but is basically the Camry Hybrid in RAv4 form. Should be just as reliable based on friends/neighbors experience with the camry hybrid. Dad is looking to buy something with more safety/comfort features than his 10yr old CRV and the hybrid makes sense to him.